This AUP governs the use of Atlantia Cloud’s web hosting service. Violation of this AUP may result in suspension or termination of your service. In the event of a dispute between you and Atlantia Cloud regarding the interpretation of this AUP, Atlantia Cloud’s interpretation, in its reasonable commercial judgment, shall govern. Violation of this Acceptable Use Policy is in violation of the Terms of Service and may result in punitive measures including blocking of specific services, termination, imposition of an administrative fee up to $ 500 per violation, and collection of any and all damages and legal costs incurred by the violation. If a violation constitutes a crime under any law Atlantia Cloud is subject to, such a violation as well as any evidence may also be shared with relevant law enforcement. Directly or indirectly. Where possible, Atlantia Cloud will advise subscribers on how to prevent violations prior to taking punitive or legal measures. If you have any questions regarding this AUP, contact [email protected]
Table of Contents
- Personal Responsibility
- Offensive Content
- Unlimited Resources
- Network and Systems Performance
- Bulk Commercial E-Mail
- Unsolicited E-Mail
- Material Protected by Copyright
- Internet Abuse
- Newsgroup, Chat Forums, Other Networks
All Atlantia Cloud subscribers are always responsible for the actions taken under their accounts and through the resources made available to them. If third persons obtain access to an account or resource made available, the subscriber will remain fully responsible for the actions taken by third persons. Either with or without consent from the subscriber. Personal responsibility does not apply only if it is proven beyond a doubt that such access was the result of a security failure in an Atlantia Cloud system or by one of its employees, suppliers or contractors.
You may not publish or transmit via Atlantia Cloud’s service any content that Atlantia Cloud reasonably believes:
- constitutes child pornography;
- constitutes pornography that includes bestiality, “revenge porn” or other categories deemed unacceptable by Atlantia Cloud;
- is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing content or hate speech;
- is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
is fraudulent, defamatory or violates a person’s privacy;
- creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with a investigation by law enforcement;
- improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections;
- clearly infringes on another person’s trade or service mark, patent, or other property right;
- promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling, or illegal arms trafficking;
- is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to Atlantia Cloud; or
- is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, or may result in retaliation against Atlantia Cloud by offended viewers.
- in the view of Atlantia Cloud constitutes unacceptable content.
Content “published or transmitted” via Atlantia Cloud’s service includes Web content, e-mail, bulletin board postings, chat, files stored on our systems and any other type of posting or transmission that relies on any Internet service provided by Atlantia Cloud.
You must take reasonable security precautions. You must protect the confidentiality of your password, and you should change your password periodically.
You may not take any action designed to hack, damage the security of, obtain access to the information of or attack the systems of Atlantia Cloud, its suppliers, systems, employees or other subscribers.
You are allocated a certain pool of resources and assets, you may not take any action to hack, modify or in any way access Atlantia Cloud systems to bypass the limits of your allocation.
As part of several products, Atlantia Cloud offers unlimited resources to subscribers, such as unlimited databases, FTP accounts, email accounts, subdomains, domain names, etc. While Atlantia Cloud does not restrict any of their resources, they are naturally restricted by limited resources made available such as disk space.
Unlimited bandwidth, as made available through several services, is restricted by a fair use policy. A soft cap of five times the level of the average consumption by Atlantia Cloud subscribers in the same service category may result in your services being restricted. Restrictions will only be imposed if necessary to guarantee the efficiency of the systems and equal performance for all subscribers.
Network and Systems Performance
Atlantia Cloud services operate on shared resources. Excessive use or abuse of these resources, including but not limited to CPU, memory, I/O, that results in an excessive negative impact on our network or systems may result in the suspension or termination of your account.
On shared products, you are prohibited from excessive use of CPU, memory, I/O performance, session time and other resources. You are not allowed to use resource intensive programs that negatively impact the performance of other subscribers or Atlantia Cloud systems or network. Atlantia Cloud reserves the right to terminate or restrict such activity.
Bulk Commercial E-Mail
You must obtain Atlantia Cloud’s advance approval for any bulk commercial e-mail, which will not be given unless you are able to demonstrate all of the following to Atlantia Cloud’s reasonable satisfaction:
- Your intended recipients have given their consent to receive e-mail via some affirmative means, such as an opt-in procedure;
- Your procedures for soliciting consent include reasonable means to ensure that the person giving consent is the owner of the e-mail address for which the consent is given;
- You retain evidence of the recipient’s consent in a form that may be promptly produced on request, and you honor recipient’s and Atlantia Cloud’s requests to produce consent evidence within 72 hours of receipt of the request.
- The body of the e-mail must describe how the e-mail address was obtained, for example, “You opted in to receive this e-mail promotion from our Web site or from one of our partner sites,” and information on how to request evidence of the consent, for example, “If you would like to learn more about how we received your e-mail address please contact us at [email protected]
- You have procedures in place that allow a recipient to easily revoke their consent – such as a link in the body of the e-mail, or instructions to reply with the word “Remove” in the subject line. Revocations of consent are honored within 72 hours, and you notify recipients that their revocation of their consent will be honored in 72 hours;
- You must post an [email protected]yourdoman.com e-mail address on the first page of any Web site associated with the e-mail, you must register that address at abuse.net, and you must promptly respond to messages sent to that address;
- You have the means to track anonymous complaints;
- You may not obscure the source of your e-mail in any manner. Your e-mail must include the recipients e-mail address in the body of the message or in the “TO” line of the e-mail; and
- You otherwise comply with the CAN SPAM Act and other applicable law.
Meeting these terms does not guarantee approval from Atlantia Cloud.
These policies apply to messages sent using your Atlantia Cloud service, or to messages sent from any network by you or any person on your behalf that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a site hosted via your Atlantia Cloud service. In addition, you may not use a third party e-mail service that does not practice similar procedures for all its customers.
Atlantia Cloud may test and otherwise monitor your compliance with its requirements, including requesting opt-in information from a random sample of your list at any time.
You may not send any unsolicited e-mail, either in bulk or individually, to any person who has indicated that they do not wish to receive it.
You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in using your Atlantia Cloud’s services.
Material Protected by Copyright
You may not publish, distribute, or otherwise copy in any manner any music, software, art, or other work protected by copyright law unless:
• you have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner;
• you are otherwise permitted by established copyright law to copy the work in that manner.
Atlantia Cloud will terminate the service of repeat copyright infringers.
You must have valid and current information on file with your domain name registrar for any domain hosted on the Atlantia Cloud network.
You may not engage in illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior, including:
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures (including those belonging to Atlantia Cloud and its customers) without express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks;
- Use of an Internet account or computer without the owner’s authorization, including, but not limited to Internet scanning (tricking other people into releasing their passwords), password robbery, security hole scanning, and port scanning;
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or a newsgroup posting; or
- Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the Atlantia Cloud’s network.
- Use of Atlantia Cloud’s network in a way that unreasonably interferes with Atlantia Cloud’s other customers use of the network
Newsgroup, Chat Forums, Other Networks
You must comply with the rules and conventions for postings to any bulletin board, chat group or other forum in which you participate, such as IRC and USENET groups including their rules for content and commercial postings. These groups usually prohibit the posting of off-topic commercial messages, or mass postings to multiple forums.
Atlantia Cloud is under no duty, and does not by this AUP undertake a duty, to monitor or police our customers’ activities and disclaims any responsibility for any misuse of the Atlantia Cloud network.
Atlantia Cloud may modify this Acceptable Use Policy at any time. Changes to this AUP will be announced in accordance with our terms of service.
Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to [email protected].